It was a helluva task to avoid creating a bucket list. Somehow it sounded very depressing and made me feel dreadful about not achieving the tasks on the bucket list. A lot of added stress to try to meet it as you never know when you will kick the bucket.
Then I thought of writing ‘Things to do list before I reach 40’. Being lazy, procrastination ensured I missed that deadline. So, now I am going to write a wish list which has no deadlines and no target dates. These are things I want to learn someday soon, hopefully before the aches and pains start. I love to learn new things and I have done lot of learnings in the past too like
1) Learning to crochet in the ladies special train (yeah, this can happen exclusively in Mumbai only)
2) Learning a new software language (I did it in the train again)
3) Learning to ride a Scooty – It was hubby dear’s most patient attempt to teach me to ride a 2 wheeler especially since I do not know to ride a bicycle and having no driving sense. That is another story and a whole blog will be dedicated there probably titled ‘My experiments when learning to ride a Scooty’.
4) Learnt to use twitter, blogging and actively involved in social media – all in the past one year
But, here is what I want to learn next –
1) Learning to ride the bicycle – I am getting my sons my teach me to ride. Soon, I will master it.
2) Learning to swim – I take my boys to swimming and I love that they are having so much fun there. It’s infectious. I want to learn too.
3) Learning to write better – This is an ongoing process. I want to write and engage better post by post and therefore, I am here.
4) Learning to read better Malayalam – Malayalam being my mother tongue, I can read it but not as easily as I can read English. But I want to be fluent in it to read Malayalam novels by authors like MT Vasudevan Nair, O Vijayan and the likes. I have made a start on this one.
5) Learning to write everyday – This is what I am trying to do by being a part of Write Tribe. But, finding it difficult with the job and family, to maintain a daily routine. But I have some plans to spend atleast 1 hour everyday to write.
6) Learning to write Fiction – trying, trying, trying
and the list is endless but these are some of my immediate wishes. And hey, there is a ‘Things I want to-do list’ too but enough for today friends!
I’m participating in the Write Tribe’s 7 Days To Rediscovering Your Blogging Groove. It’s a blogging extravaganza which will continue for seven days and today we are writing a list.