If we were having coffee, I would tell you that this is truly an amazing world. This world that we inhabit. The blogging world. A world that is cutting across countries, race, religion, culture, language, rich and poor. It’s a world I discovered about 18 months ago. It’s a world where we can share our hopes, ambitions, prosperity and despairs. Here, people share their wins and their failures with equal gusto. I love it that there is not much negativity around. Someone is ready to support you if you are down and out. Someone is ready with advice on handling tricky situations at home or our technical issues. I am lucky enough to discover this beautiful world. For this, I thank all my blogger friends and readers of my blog. You have surely touched me and enriched my life.
In restrospect, 2015 has been quite an awesome blogging journey for me. I want to thank
- Jaibala Rao for giving me this free hosting and domain to use for a year. Without her, I would be still dreaming of having a self-hosted blog. She also gave me technical help with setting up the blog.
- Sid Balachandran, Shailaja and all at BAR – for their lovely Blogging group which is so active and consistent. It pushes me to write every day. I can surely not complain of a lack of prompts or inspirations. It has also brought me in touch with the many bloggers whom I read week after week. Their dedication to the blog inspires me.
- The Book Club – Rubina Ramesh, Inderpreet, Sundari Venkataraman (I am not sure of all the names who run it). Thanks for the Tornado Giveaway. It has ensured I get a steady stream of books. The courier guy is tired of delivering books, sometimes even thrice a day. The group has also helped with putting up spotlights, author interviews and a ready audience for my reviews. It’s a lifeline for my blog.
- Wordbite.com – For being one of the first ones to send me books for reviewing. Thanks Rahul.
- Leadstart Publishing – For sending me books consistently for reviewing. My only grouse is that I do not have enough time to spend on it. Thanks Amrita.
- Other authors who have sent me their books directly for reviewing like V T Rakesh, Santosh.
- Also won books in giveaways including the complete set of The Millenium Series, The Girl in the Spiders Web and The Dedication of Suspect X, The Red Sari and many more.
I have had to turn down many books/authors due to time constraint. With my full time job and family, I have had to literally make time to do what I love to do. There have been days, I thought about the futility of nurturing my youngest baby. But, I made the choice to stick to the blog and give it unconditional love.
It was directionless at the beginning of 2015. Now, I am sure about what I want to write and do with the blog. It is a blog for all things bookish and also personal writing. I tried to do this with two blogs sometime in June this year. But by September, I knew it was not working. It was too much effort to have continuous content for two blogs and the traffic, rankings, ratings were going down on both. By keeping one blog, it gives me the freedom to focus and enhance one blog. It is easier to maintain a good ranking and everything in one place.
I am having many plans for 2016. Foremost, is to improve on my story writing skills. But, many of my favorite flash fiction sites closed down this month (4 of them). I want to be more consistent with my short stories. I haven’t written anything since September. That’s my area of improvement for the next year.
So, what are your plans for 2016?
Wish you a Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year in 2016.