Every time I think of writing a post or even writing, I feel weighed down by a whole lot of other activities which I have to do. I wouldn’t have really minded if it was an occasional thing. We all have our daily issues and we live through it. But, I see the excuses are mounting and I really feel like looking into the distance to see the light but all I can focus on is the distance to the light, the colorful ring around the light and the itch to look at something else.
But, I want to get my mojo back. I want my mojo back. I want it back. I have been trying to demolish my excuses so that I have an answer every time it raises its ugly head.
- I have to review the book ‘The Dormant State’. It is a good book and it talks about topics close to my heart. So, I made a plan to complete it. I have 140 pages pending to read. Divide them by 3 days which is roughly 46 pages. Then I divided again by 2. So, twenty pages in the morning and twenty in the night. Ah, that’s only half an hour in the morning and another half in the night.
- The A to Z challenge. Frankly, I see people with such lovely themes and declarations of posts scheduled, and I feel down. I had planned to write up atleast 10 posts over the three day holiday weekend. But, what I get is 5 sets of guests and the cricket match. It was fun and I don’t know where the weekend went. I am rubbing my eyes. I couldn’t write anything. But, this time I plan to not give up. So, wrote the first post. The ice is broken. There is some editing needed, but it is a start. Also, I try to remember ‘Why we write?’
- The work load. It is heavy due to the long weekend and people going on leave. But, hopefully, it will be manageable by next week.
- The ideas do not seem to come through. With prompts from our BAR, innumerable daily prompt sites, and even WordPress’ own daily prompt. I surely do not have an excuse there. But, then my imagination has really gone for a toss.
- I am not happy about the posts I have written of late. Somehow, it is feeling like forced writing. I am not enjoying it. The pressure to write is putting off all the pleasure of writing. I am unable to get rid of this excuse. Do you have any suggestions?
- I will also be on a review break. I want to read my own books. I am having a pile of TBRs which I am dying to read. But unable to do so because of the review obligations. I have cut down on taking new books. Let me get to them bestsellers and classics on my shelf. It will surely put me in a better mood.
- Also need to get healthy. So, now, when I get 30 mins, i go for a walk instead of sitting down and writing. But, I have a neat plan for that. During the children’s vacations, I will go for early morning walks instead of the evening walk. And I get an extra hour in the evening to write.
- I need to spend more time with the children. Both my children are in their teens and pre-teens. They are a handful but independent. In fact, sometimes too independent. I realised I do not need to do things for them anymore. But, they need me to just talk to them. Much water has passed under the bridge. Now, I just sit with them without telling them to do something or ask questions related to studying which I used to do a lot earlier. Slowly, they have started talking. And it is the most beautiful of times. I do realise, right now they need me more than my blog. I cannot give up on this.
The struggle is to get that elusive half an hour or one hour which I need for blogging. I will get there, I know. Because I want to.
Do you also have to fight the Excuse monster?