She was willing to sacrifice all to be Mitul’s wife.
But Mitul was under family obligations. He loved Ananya and said couldn’t marry her as he had to fulfill his parents’ wishes. Since, someone in his family had a love marriage, he had promised his parents that he will only have an arranged marriage as is the norm in India. It sounded too silly to her.
‘But, then you had no right to love me.’, she argued. But Mitul was stubborn and felt he had to keep his family happy.
‘The ball is to the left Kathy’ screamed Tim from the shore as Kathy walked deeper into the ocean.
She was searching for the ball which they were playing with at the beach. But, she was not able to see properly in the glare of the sun, the high waves lashing against her. The silly umbrella she was holding was making her off-balance. She was a good swimmer, but it’s a high tide and she was slipping when walking on the sand. She gave up on the stupid ball and was about to turn back, when she felt it. She felt her feet off the ground and herself being sucked into the ocean with such force.
She cried for help. But on this private beach, there was nobody else. And she saw Tim running towards her jumping right into the ocean. He was futilely trying to reach her. At that moment, she forgave him as she knew he loved her.
Let me start off with 5 reasons why you should absolutely read the book –
1) It is an edge of the seat thriller
2) The pace of the book is fast and never slackens
3) There are multiple plots seemingly unconnected happening at different places
4) The plot ties up at the end very well by connecting the various multiple plots like ‘connecting the dots’
5) It has an unusual and surprising twist at the end and asks us the moral question that is on the cover of the book – ‘Is revenge a crime?’. It does set you thinking after you have finished reading the book.
The Storyline –
The story starts off with the assassination of Senator Gillian Tan who is a close friend of the President of the US (POTUS), no less. The President gets the FBI to conduct a discreet investigation into the murder.